[sr-dev] New module DMQ_SYNC and patch for DMQ

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 22:10:19 CET 2014

I was actually thinking of it, but couldn't get to a clear conclusion
before ...

Overall, I am not sure if making white or black is the best. I see it
more of a per case situation.

For example, usrloc is a standalone component by itself, with registrar
being the interface to kamailio.cfg, then pua_usrloc or pua_reginfo
being the presence events publishing. Being such a component used in
various directions, I think it should stay rather independent, not
getting extra stuff inside, but other components can be built on top of
its exported API.

On the other hand, just adding a new module for each other module that
wants to notify via dmq could be an unnecessary overhead.

So, at this moment, I would say, if the module has everything that is
needed exported via API, the dmq can be done as separate module. Also,
if the module is very sensitive, I would suggest the same approach
(e.g., I wouldn't like to see it inside tm module, if someone thinks of
dmq-ing transactions, but rather a separate module or part of tmx).