[sr-dev] STUN FINGERPRINT attribute missing?

Peter Villeneuve petervnv1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 21:48:22 CEST 2014

Hi,

I just updated to 4.2 stable along with latest rtpengine module compiled
today from git.

I'm also running latest (compiled today) RFC5766 turn server on the same
Debian 7 host.

I noticed that sometimes I get one way audio with linphone client in
Android, and looking through the logs I see these STUN error messages:

rtpengine[4633]: [port 10448] Not handling potential STUN packet from
85.xx.xx.xx:7076: FINGERPRINT attribute missing

That 85.xx.xx.xx address is indeed the public IP of the linphone client.

Looking further in the RTP engine logs you can see it's not getting the IP
which I believe would explain the 1 way audio issues.

Media #1, port 10468 <>            [::]:0    , 0 p, 0 b, 0 e

Now why would rtpengine be dealing with STUN packets at all? I imagine the
RFC5766 stun server would handle that completely.

I guess the more I dig, the more confused I get. Has anything changed
recently in rtpengine or kamailio 4.2 to produce this behavior?

Thanks