[sr-dev] RFC: deprecating add_contact_alias()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 18:17:08 CEST 2014

On 14/10/14 18:09, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Ovidiu Sas writes:
>
>> We can keep both methods, we just need to update the docs that
>> add_contact_alias() doesn't work with presence: NATed subscriptions
>> handled using add_contact_alias() will not work properly.
> that is fine with me.  add_contact_alias was intended to be used by a
> sip proxy, not one working as sip user agent.
For clarification, it is still used in server side, affecting the
presence modules and dialog (didn't review all to see if any other is)
when used on the same instance.

If you refer to sip user agent because presence generates a request
(e.g., NOTIFY), then it is ok -- I wanted to be sure will not be
misinterpreted by readers that it refers to the case when using kamailio
as client (e.g., for remote registrations). In other words, this
function should be used if contact is not stored anywhere for later
usage inside same kamailio instance (memory or database).