[sr-dev] Roadmap to release v4.2.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:36:29 CEST 2014

Hello,

after last days of testing at SIPit 31, I think the master branch is in
quite good shape. I hope to get the time for a more detailed report, but
we had only one major issue when running some stress tests, affecting
websocket connections when using a special crafted websocket packet,
fixed already. Otherwise, while the tests here are mainly on SIP
interoperability, so not much on particular use cases of kamailio, with
the help of Olle we have been in pretty much all multi-party tests as
well as plenty of one-to-one interop tests.

I have also been running Kamailio master branch on several other private
or public servers with live traffic and quite complex config (e.g.,
usual suspects as openrcs.com and voipuser.org) and haven't noticed any
issue.

Based on the above, I am considering to branch 4.2 next week on
Wednesday (Oct 8), and release about one week later (October 15 or 16).

Anyone with other opinions or alternative roadmap?

On the other hand, we have to start building migration tutorial and
updating what is new in this release:
   * http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/upgrade/stable-to-devel
   * http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/features/new-in-devel

Everyone is encouraged to contribute.