[sr-dev] Kamailio module statsd

Eloy Coto Pereiro eloy.coto at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 21:08:57 CET 2014

Hi all Kamailio developers,

I would like to propose a new module that I've written recently, that
provide native integration with statsd[0]/graphite[1].

The module provides the ability to send information to statsd (You can
use InfluxDB too) with different kind of information. I wrote small
post in my blog[2] and doc are in the repo [3].

The typical scenario for this module is for monitoring features into
kamailio. For example:
  - Monitor how long we need to reply a new request.
  - Store how many errors send our providers.
  - Check how long take one sqlquery.
  - Check how many times are using the new feature

Nowadays we[4]are using kamailio-statsd and we track in simple
dashboard[5][6] all information that we get from kamailio, and other
software (Asterisk, Django Backend, Diamond[7]) and we have in simple
click all the information that we want.

The module doesn't have any special deps, it's a simple socket that
connect to Graphite. For timing function I'm using avp to set
init_time.

I hope that this contribution could be useful for the community and I
look forward to hearing your feedback, thoughts, suggestions.

Best regards,
Eloy Coto.

[0] https://github.com/etsy/statsd/
[1] http://graphite.wikidot.com/