[sr-dev] [SR-Users] RFC: infrastructure upgrade - git, tracker, ...

Jan Janak jan at janakj.org
Thu Nov 6 17:40:25 CET 2014

To provide a bit of context: the server Daniel is referring to is a
dedicated machine hosted at Hetzner. Currently, the machine is mostly used
to host the git repositories for kamailio and sems, as well as scripts to
automatically generate doxygen documentation out of the source code.

The server is getting old and had a couple of hardware related outages
recently. While Hetzner would replace faulty components at no charge,
upgrading the hardware to a more modern configuration would probably cost
extra.

For what it's worth, I think moving the git repository to a hosted service
would make sense. Hosted solutions like github and bitbucket improved
considerably over the past couple of years and offer services we won't be
able to setup and maintain on our own.

If you prefer to keep a self-hosted git repository, I think we should at
least move it to gitolite:
http://gitolite.com/

To make it more manageable (doesn't require ssh access for individual
people).

-Jan