[sr-dev] Fwd: module writing & per message variable within my module

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Thu May 8 08:59:53 CEST 2014

So id love to read somewhere more about structures in kamailio at a high
level..
is there a more interactive place to discuss these concepts ?? say IRC,
google hangouts or something ??
( without having to bug the whole list )

can you explain what the differences are when you say "avp stored in the
transaction" and process variables ?
do you literally mean variables in my module here, or are these some kind
of structure attached to the sip_msg ?

effectively what im looking to do is store some custom data
against sip_msg* that I can use later if I need to.

my reason for doing a module is that I had a few things I wanted to do in a
module ( looking up large data structures for performance reasons ), and im
implementing a few other bits of business logic in this module.

im happy to discuss further if you want to gtalk me ( on this email address
)

Jay

On 8 May 2014 16:52, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> On 08 May 2014, at 08:49, jay binks <jaybinks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry to repost this but, Im still looking for answers.
> is there a better place to be asking these questions ??
>
> Jay

Sincerely

Jay