[sr-dev] New feature - last login time in subscriber DB

Hugh Waite hugh.waite at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Mar 13 23:37:31 CET 2014

The reason for storing the last registation with the subscriber is, as
Alexandr says, so it is permanent. If I have a million accounts I can
see how many have registered within the last month etc, not just how
many are online at one point.

If an event_route can be run when the contact is inserted (i.e. on a
UL_CONTACT_INSERT callback) then we could use sqlops to update this info
in any table, including subscriber. I don't believe there is one though.
This patch stores the time of successful registrations at the point that
they are inserted, not when they expire, or when they are successfully
un-registered.

Maybe this patch is too specific, and making event routes for the usrloc
callbacks would be more flexible?

Hugh

On 13/03/2014 20:18, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> On 13 Mar 2014, at 19:51, Alexandr Dubovikov
> <alexandr.dubovikov at gmail.com <mailto:alexandr.dubovikov at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>> maybe because after AOR's expire this information will be deleted ?
> And now we have an event_route to insert something in any table at
> that point...
>
> I still don't understand how it belongs to the subscriber table.
>
> /O
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net
>> <mailto:oej at edvina.net>> wrote:
>>

>>     On 13 Mar 2014, at 18:30, Hugh Waite
>>     <hugh.waite at crocodile-rcs.com
>>     <mailto:hugh.waite at crocodile-rcs.com>> wrote:
>>
>>>     Hello,
>>>     We have added a feature to auth_db which will update the time of
>>>     the last successful login in the subscriber table. This gives an
>>>     easy way to find the number of active users in the past
>>>     day/week/month etc.
>>>     Please send me any comments on the attached patch.
>>>     There will of course be documentation in the final cut!
>>     That information is already in the location table - why do you
>>     want it in the subscriber table too?
>>
>>     There's no "login" in SIP - what are you documenting here?
>>
>>     /O

Hugh Waite
Principal Design Engineer
Crocodile RCS Ltd.