[sr-dev] [SR-Users] How to use unixodbc/freetds for kamailio backend

Tim Chubb tim.chubb at voicesimplified.com
Tue Jun 17 11:53:43 CEST 2014

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the response,

I actually took it upon myself to dig in and have a go over the weekend, I have ported the db schema to work with TSQL syntax, and have managed to update the kamdbctl and kamctl scripts to work as intended (for creation duties only actions requiring table dumps are not really feasible with sql server as there isn’t an equivalent to pg_dump/mysqldump I could find may have to write it one day, although in my case we backup at server/cluster level not application so would be of limited use for me).  I have tested the schema against SQL Server 2008/2012 & SQL Azure, unsure about SQL Server 2005 compatibility…

I would be happy to contribute the ported schema to the project, and will attempt to tidy up my extensions to kamdbctl to be less ‘hacky’ ;-), how does one go about contributing to the project?

Regards,
Tim.