[sr-dev] Kamailio as SIP Registrar without Authentication Digest

Aymen Chetoui aymen.chetoui at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 17:54:55 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I've configured the following architecture :

SipML5 -> OverSIP -> *Kamailio* -> OverSIP -> SipML5

In cas we have two clients that are registered but not authenticated with
Digest Authentication. One client can call the other thanks to *Kamailio*
(SIP INVITE correctly routed) : I would like to know how the clients
locations are handled, I have checked the *Kamailio* database and found
nothing there.

Although Kamailio doesn't know in advance the private identity of each
client, the SIP INVITE using the public identity works fine after
confirming SIP REGISTER with nothing stored in the database.

Please help me understand how *Kamailio* works.
Thanks in advance.