[sr-dev] Failover for rtpengine/Kamailio

Carlos Ruiz Díaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 16:19:56 CEST 2014

Hi,

I wonder if it's possible to recover UDP connections after a crash on
Kamailio/rtpengine so we can survive a reload or a segfault in any of them.

Since UDP isn't connection oriented, opening the sockets in the same order
the original mapping were made, there's no reason to think it shouldn't
work, but what about TLS/WS connections for SIP signalling? these two look
unrecoverable.

Putting TLS/WS aside for a moment, what about DTLS connections for
RTP/RTCP? This also looks quite challenging/impossible considering that
rtpengine generates a new cert/key after each load.

I'm interested in contributing a patch/module to make this possible, but I
don't know all of the constraints that may exist, especially from SDES/DTLS
point of view. Maybe Richard Fuchs can point me to the right direction.

Thanks,
--
Carlos
http://caruizdiaz.com