[sr-dev] rtpengine SDP duplication

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jul 13 18:03:30 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm running the latest Kamailio 4.1 branch and
rtpengine:master:15640991d7fc9d398749f77460b821296cccdcb6, and am
running into a curious issue where the SDP body is duplicated (included
twice) on a second branch.

The scenario is that call goes out on branch #1 and an
rtpproxy_offer("ow-") is made. That branch fails with a 503 and another
branch goes out with the same offer to a different destination.

The original SDP offer on branch #1:

v=0
o=Sansay-VSXi 188 1 IN IP4 rtpengine
s=Session Controller
c=IN IP4 rtpengine
t=0 0
m=audio 32816 RTP/AVP 0 101
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-16
a=ptime:20
a=sendrecv
a=rtcp:32817

The SDP offer on branch #2 ends up being:

v=0
o=Sansay-VSXi 188 1 IN IP4 rtpengine
s=Session Controller
c=IN IP4 rtpengine
t=0 0
m=audio 32816 RTP/AVP 0 101
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-16
a=ptime:20
a=sendrecv
a=rtcp:32817
v=0
o=Sansay-VSXi 188 1 IN IP4 rtpengine
s=Session Controller
c=IN IP4 rtpengine
t=0 0
m=audio 32816 RTP/AVP 0 101
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-16
a=ptime:20
a=sendrecv
a=rtcp:32817

Interestingly enough, this seems to be premeditated, because on the
first one, the Content-Length is 237, and on the second, 434. So,
something clearly thinks that this is an appropriate thing to do.

If it makes a difference, I'm using two rtpengines RR'd in a set.

I am unable to reproduce this in my development environment and am
unsure as to whether it's something that happens in all circumstances
where there is such failover, or only intermittently. Still, is there
any reason why it could be?

Thanks!

--
Alex Balashov - Principal