[sr-dev] rtpengine crashes

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Tue Jul 1 20:57:44 CEST 2014

On 01/07/14 12:59 PM, Carlos Ruiz Díaz wrote:
> Hi Richard, Alex,

> I'm curious about it. Is there a way of simulating this? Under what
> conditions should this happen?

The first case described (differing number of ports) I'm not 100% sure
about. I'm thinking the little used slash notation in the SDP m= line
might be to blame... one side using it (say, 1234/2 to advertise 4 ports
being used), the other side not using it. You'd end up with 4 ports open
for each side, but some of them unused. And then UDP packets coming in
on those ports.

The race condition is harder to test. You'd have to predict which ports
will be opened when an "offer" is received, and have these ports
hammered with UDP packets ahead of time, while the "offer" is being
processed.

cheers