[sr-dev] kamailio 4.1.1 can't find msilo module

Peter Villeneuve petervnv1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 18:27:34 CET 2014

Hi,

I recently installed kamailio 4.1.1 on debian wheezy (i386) to test and
play with.
I managed to get it up and running, but now when trying to use the msilo
module kamailio won't start and says it can't find it.

My modules appear to be correctly installed in
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/kamailio/modules

I can see them all in there, including msilo.so. I have correctly setup
kamailio.cfg with mpath="/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/kamailio/modules/"

All the other modules load fine, but when I add 'loadmodule "msilo.so"' and
then do a restart, kamailio throws a bunch of errors:

Not starting Kamailio SIP server: invalid configuration file! ... failed!
 failed!
0(27760) ERROR: <core> [modparam.c:163]: set_mod_param_regex():
set_mod_param_regex: No module matching <msilo> found 0(27760) : <core>
[cfg.y:3411]: yyerror_at(): parse error in config file
/etc/kamailio/kamailio-local.cfg, line 3, column 75: Can't set module
parameter 0(27760) ERROR: <core>

I don't understand why Kamailio can't seem to find and load the msilo
module. It is in the /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/kamailio/modules directory and
has the same permissions as the other modules which it correctly loads.

Any ideas of what's wrong?

Thanks