[sr-dev] Problem with Registration on pcscf

Paul Pankhurst paul at crocodile-rcs.com
Fri Jan 24 16:42:41 CET 2014

I've noticed a problem with registrations on the pcscf when doing some
testing with sipp

If I send in a REGISTER with SIPP followed by an INVITE calls go through
my system no problem.
If I then stop the sipp script and run it again, I find that although
the registration succeeds, subsequent INVITES are rejected telling me
that I have not registered!
If I unregister at the end of my script everything is fine, and the
problem goes away after the original REGISTRATION times out, so this led
me to think that we had a problem with multiple registrations entries in
the system.

The problem seems to be a result of the fact that sipp always places the
same ip address and port number on the contact line when using tcp
connections.

I've had a look through the code and believe that we are getting
multiple entries in the usrloc hash table in this scenario, and
ul_get_pcontact only ever returns the first one which causes
pcscf_is_registered to incorrectly report that the UE is not registered.

Paul