[sr-dev] Stuck dialogs

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jan 12 19:37:44 CET 2014

With 4.1, I've got a call scenario that looks like this:

1. INVITE -->
2. <-- 100
3. <-- 183
4. <-- 200 OK
5. <-- 200 OK again (no ACK from near end)
6. Finally an e2e ACK comes through -->
7. (38 seconds later) BYE -->
8. (no response to BYE) BYE -->
9. BYE -->
10. BYE -->
11. BYE -->
12. BYE -->
13. BYE -->
etc.

I've also got another call that looks very similarly, except that the
BYE comes from the callee instead of the caller.  It also goes
unanswered by the near end.

I am tracking both dialogs with 'dialog', and, sooner or later, they end
up in DELETED state.  However, they do not get deleted.  I have one that
has been in there for 4 days and isn't going anywhere, and another that
has been stuck in DELETED state for 3.  My dialog timeout is set to 4
hours, but the timeout operation doesn't delete dialogs that are already
DELETED.

Moreover, dlg_end_dlg is not a means of removing these dialogs, either:

[root at gw1 ~]# kamctl fifo dlg_end_dlg 154 6753
500 Operation failed

Any suggestions on what to do here?  Should this be considered a bug?

Thanks,

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal