[sr-dev] Build B2BUA using Kamailio

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Feb 21 16:36:17 CET 2014

Why would you do this when there are perfectly good B2BUAs out there already?
And, all these capabilities already exist within the SEMS 'sbc' module.

Saurabh Sinha <Saurabh.Sinha at rsystems.com> wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I am planning to use Kamailio, to build a B2BUA with the following
>functionalities:
>
>-          Topology Hiding (SIP: To, From, Call-ID, P-Asserted-ID)
>
>-          Topology Hiding (SDP: Changing SDP info - and act as an RTP
>Proxy)
>
>-          Perform - NAPTR ENUM Query
>
>-          To Release call (If Max Duration Reached)
>
>-          Generate CDRs.
>[Note: This is somewhat like a light SBC service]
>
>Now, my question is how to develop this service over Kamailio.
>Does Kamailio provide any Development APIs, which this B2BUA can use?
>OR I need to enhance or built new Kamailio modules?
>
>From the initial understanding, I got to know, Kamailio maintains SIP
>Transactions, and NOT the SIP Dialog, and basically I need to build
>this.
>
>It will be great if someone can give me any leads on this front.
>
>Thanks,
>SS
>

>________________________________
>The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
>may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected
>from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
>please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete
>this message. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the
>contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is
>strictly prohibited. R Systems has taken every reasonable precaution to
>minimize the risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as
>a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own
>virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment.

Sent from my mobile, and thus lacking in the refinement one might expect from a fully fledged keyboard.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
235 E Ponce de Leon Ave
Suite 106