[sr-dev] default config: do loose_route() for in-dialog NOTIFY as per new RFC 6665

Wed Feb 19 08:50:34 CET 2014

Am 16.08.2012 21:44, schrieb Iñaki Baz Castillo:
>> Am 16.08.2012 13:15, schrieb Iñaki Baz Castillo:
>>
>>> Hi, the new RFC 6665 mandates that the subscription dialog is made
>>> *after* the first NOTIFY from the UAS (rather than after the 200 to
>>> the initial SUBSCRIBE). This means that the UAC MUST take the route
>>> set from the *first* received NOTIFY (instead of taking it from the
>>> 200 to the initial SUBSCRIBE).
>>
>> How about the NOTIFYer? Which route set should the NOTIFYer use? The one
>> learned from the intial SUBSCRIBE or then one from the 2xx response to the
>> first NOTIFY?
>
> The 200 it replied to the initial SUBSCRIBE.

Just re-reading this old thread I wonder how the first NOTIFY should be
sent? The NOTIFY needs some route headers to sned the first notify.

Thus, I suspect that the notifier should use an "early route set" to
send the first NOTIFY (learnt from the RR headers in the SUBSCRIBE) and
further NOTIFYs should use the route set learnt from the RR headers in
the response to the first NOTIFY.

Is this correct?

thanks
Klaus