[sr-dev] Kamailio Pacemaker RA Script Issue?

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 07:04:34 CET 2014

Ladies & Gentlemen,
I was recently given the Kamailio Pacemaker RA script as posted in:
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2014-January/022639.html
Via the Pacemaker mailing list.

I wanted to inquire if anyone else has had issues with monitoring
portion of the script. I have manually verified that the sipsak command
does in fact work from the command line as the user that pacemaker is
running as, but for some reason I am not seeing the monitoring command
being run.

I added the appropriate portion of call routing code to the configuration:
if (is_method("OPTIONS") && ($ru=~"sip:monitor at .*")) {
	xlog("L_INFO", "Kamailio Monitoring Request");
	sl_send_reply("200", "Kamailio is alive");
         exit;
}

Unfortunately, when I parse my logs, I never see the log entry, nor do I
see any entry in syslog about kamailio monitoring being performed (even
though I see MySQL and everything being tested)

Furthermore, when I kill the kamailio process, Pacemaker does not
"notice" this happening and continues on as if Kamailio is running properly.

Has anyone else used this script (I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit, and
adapted the RA script to specifically run /bin/bash due to Ubuntu using
/bin/dash) and run into this issue?

Thank you,
Sherwood McGowan
VOIP Solutions Consultant