[sr-dev] RTPengine module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:58:40 CET 2014

Hello,

On 29/12/14 11:46, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Hi!
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/rtpengine.html#idp4393352
>
> Why are the RTPengine MI commands prefixed with "nh_" ?
>
> And where are the RPC versions of these commands?  ;-)

nh_ was the prefix for nathelper, from the time when nathelper and
rtpproxy were in the same module. rtpengine started as a drop in
replacement for rtpproxy.

Given that rtpproxy and rtpengine can be used at the same time (as I do
in some cases), those should be renamed, I think re_ could be a prefix.
On the same idea, rtpproxy commands could get a new prefix rp_ to be
more related to the module name.

Implementing new rpc commands should be with full module name prefix
(e.g., rtpengine.list).