[sr-dev] rtpengine: return the new SDP in a pv?

Camille Oudot camille.oudot at orange.com
Mon Dec 15 12:39:34 CET 2014

Hi,

We need to build multipart SIP messages with SDP, with rtpengine
involved in the process. We currently use rtpengine_offer() then
msg_apply_changes() to retrieve get the newly generated SDP in $rb and
then build the multipart body. Besides the fact that this is not
optimal, we experience crashes in failure routes[1].

What would help in our case, is if the rtpengine module was able to
return the SDP in a pv rather than in the body. This would eliminate
the need to call msg_apply_changes().

Has someone already needed this behavior? Do you think this could be
useful to integrate in the rtpengine module?

Cheers.

    [1] the following sequence:

        t_newtran();
        rtpengine_offer();
        msg_apply_changes();
        [adding lumps with set_body(), append_hf()]
        t_relay(); # if it fails:
        failure_route[] {t_relay();}

    causes a crash, and we think this is because the t_relay() in the
    failure route tries to apply the lumps computed on the reparsed
    message (after msg_apply_changes()), on the old version of it
    (saved by t_newtran()), and offsets and sizes don't correspond.

--
Camille