[sr-dev] Dispatcher reverse lookup by IP

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 11 16:01:43 CET 2014

Hi!

Digging through the dispatcher source code I think this is the way IP matching works:

* When loading or reloading dispatcher, hostnames are looked up to IP

* When running a reverse check in dispatcher the IP address is checked against $si

I don't understand if we handle DNS TTL and re-lookup the name here. Do I have to run
a crontab dispatcher reload to make sure we have an up-to-date IP?

How is names with multiple addresses handled - or SRV record sets?

/O