[sr-dev] Registrar - check for local path

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Thu Dec 11 11:24:20 CET 2014

Any further thoughts on this, please?

Cheers,

Charles
 Hi Daniel,

Please see attached (I have tested already).

Should it be added, or left up to the user to perform via config? Either
way, at least the patch is available here as an option, in case the
question is asked again.

It would be good to hear others' opinions, too.

Best regards,

Charles

On 8 December 2014 at 20:10, Charles Chance <charles.chance at sipcentric.com>
wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> You are right, it is not trivial to perform via config.
>
> The patch was made quickly to illustrate a point, but I have reworked it
> now to include a parameter for enabling the check, as well as accounting
> for more than one Path header.
>
> If you think it is worthwhile, I will post the full patch for review
> tomorrow.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles
>  On 8 Dec 2014 16:28, "Daniel-Constantin Mierla" <miconda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 08/12/14 16:40, Charles Chance wrote:
>>

>> On 8 December 2014 at 15:09, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>>

>>>  On 08 Dec 2014, at 16:00, Charles Chance <charles.chance at sipcentric.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi Olle,
>>>
>>>  msg_apply_changes() is for getting the Path saved the first place if
>>> adding/saving on the same instance.
>>>
>>>  My patch is for later on, to avoid looping if lookup is performed on
>>> the same instance that received the register.
>>>
>>>  Scenario is 2 x registrar/location servers, both sharing common DB -
>>> no separate edge proxies, but each adds itself as Path before saving (which
>>> is where msg_apply_changes() comes in).
>>>
>>> Can't you sort that out in the routing script? I don't see why we need
>>> to add this in the code...
>>>
>>>  If the topmost, leftmost routing header in the outbound INVITE points
>>> to me, remove it and move on.
>>> You have the branch route for that kind of manipulation.
>>>
>>>  What am I missing?
>>>

>> If I got it right upon quick read, this case is not trivial to handle via
>> config file -- i.e., it is about saving registration with local address as
>> a Path, the registration can be read by same proxy or another one (the
>> other will have to send the register to this instance, this one will need
>> to ignore the path).
>>
>> After lookup("location"), the first Path appears as outbound proxy
>> address ($du / dst_uri), but it is also added in the lumps to be a Route
>> header for outgoing INVITE. If there are more than on Path header, things
>> can get quite complex to handle from config and might be easier to simplify
>> by adding a module parameter to enable/disable the proposed patch.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>
>> --
>> Daniel-Constantin Mierlahttp://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,
Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.