[sr-dev] Registrar - check for local path

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:28:06 CET 2014

On 08/12/14 16:40, Charles Chance wrote:

> On 8 December 2014 at 15:09, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net
> <mailto:oej at edvina.net>> wrote:
>

>     On 08 Dec 2014, at 16:00, Charles Chance
>     <charles.chance at sipcentric.com
>     <mailto:charles.chance at sipcentric.com>> wrote:
>
>>     Hi Olle,
>>
>>     msg_apply_changes() is for getting the Path saved the first place
>>     if adding/saving on the same instance.
>>
>>     My patch is for later on, to avoid looping if lookup is performed
>>     on the same instance that received the register.
>>
>>     Scenario is 2 x registrar/location servers, both sharing common
>>     DB - no separate edge proxies, but each adds itself as Path
>>     before saving (which is where msg_apply_changes() comes in).
>     Can't you sort that out in the routing script? I don't see why we
>     need to add this in the code...
>
>     If the topmost, leftmost routing header in the outbound INVITE
>     points to me, remove it and move on.
>     You have the branch route for that kind of manipulation.
>
>     What am I missing?

If I got it right upon quick read, this case is not trivial to handle
via config file -- i.e., it is about saving registration with local
address as a Path, the registration can be read by same proxy or another
one (the other will have to send the register to this instance, this one
will need to ignore the path).

After lookup("location"), the first Path appears as outbound proxy
address ($du / dst_uri), but it is also added in the lumps to be a Route
header for outgoing INVITE. If there are more than on Path header,
things can get quite complex to handle from config and might be easier
to simplify by adding a module parameter to enable/disable the proposed
patch.