[sr-dev] Stats/counter objects

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Dec 1 10:55:18 CET 2014

Hi!

I just want to remind all developers about the coolness of the core stats/counters.

We have two modules that handle these - stats and counters, but in the core it's the same.

If you use them in a module there's a lot of benefits:

- You have locking
- They can be exposed in "kamctl monitor"
- They can be read over the RPC interface in kamcmd, over HTTP/XMLRPC or JSONRPC and sockets
- They can be exposed in snmpstats

Be cool. Add a counter to a module today! Every day. One per day to Christmas!

And yes, using the modules anyone writing a kamailio routing script can add counters
that behave in the same way! Amazing, isn't it?

/O