[sr-dev] rtpengine missing media-address flag?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Aug 27 10:10:51 CEST 2014

Richard Fuchs writes:

> Oh, I see. Sure, why not. Keep in mind though that (unless asymmetric
> flag is given) rtpengine attempts to learn the source address from
> incoming RTP packets, so in many cases this isn't needed.

Thanks for the clarification.  I did tests and noticed that media got
correctly proxied even when i did not use trust-address flag when it
would have been possible to trust media address in sdp and also when
source address of request didn't belong to caller.

So as you point out, it appears that, at least in common cases,
trust-address flag and the proposed new source-address flag are not
needed.

-- Juha