[sr-dev] Roadmap to next major release - v4.2.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 18:04:12 CEST 2014

Hello,

during the last devel meeting on IRC, done before the summer, we set the
4.2.0 release time frame for this autumn.

As planned by that moment, we have to decide the development freezing
date and more accurate milestones at the end of summer, therefore it is
about the time.

My proposal is to freeze development by end of September 10, 2014, have
about one month of testing and release sometime around mid of October.

If anyone has constraints to meet this date, just send here another
proposal and we can decide together which one fits most of us.

This one gives about 2 weeks and a half for new features development.
Therefore, if you plan to include a new module (many were announced at
the IRC devel meeting, hopefully some are ready), hurry up.

It is also a good time to start filling the wiki page with what is new
in upcoming release:
- http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/features/new-in-devel

Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany ::: Oct 15-17, San Francisco, USA