[sr-dev] Start kamailio main process at foreground

Yuriy Gorlichenko ovoshlook at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 19:05:12 CEST 2014

Hello! I havw installed Kamailio 4.1.4

I need to start Kamailio main process at foreground and other process as
forked processes.

I found old issue with patch
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.voip.openser.user/10686

But it 2007 year and I can not find any informationabout integration this
patch at kamailio

So I was tested can I start servise as I want (I hoped patch already
integrated at kamailio)

I started kamailio with some methods. I read about it at description at
this patch:

current behavior:
1)fork=no -> daemon, not forked
2)fork=no + -D option -> foreground, not forked
3)fork=yes -> daemon, forked
4)fork=yes + -D option -> daemon, forked  ===> -D is ignored !!!
5)fork not mentioned + -D option -> foreground, forked

So 1,2 and 3 methods workes fine
method 4 ignoring fork=yes
method 5 not works. not forked, only foreground.

So I have one else issue:
When I started kamailio as a service I see message
WARNING: no fork mode and more than one listen address found(will use only
the the first one)

When I started as /etc/init.d/kamailio start m 1024 -M 6 - it worked nise

So -how I can resolve my issues?