[sr-dev] [SR-Users] OT: Excessive or fatal bounces for yahoo, hotmail, ...

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Tue Apr 29 10:26:15 CEST 2014

Am Dienstag, 29. April 2014, 09:51:32 schrieb Daniel Tryba:
> On Tuesday 29 April 2014 09:18:41 Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> > Is anyone here aware of similar issues and potential fixes? I guess
> > yahoo/hotmail servers simply reject the emails sent by mailman of
> > mailing lists.
> >
> > Any hint would be appreciated...
>
> It's DMARC at work:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html
>
> The subejct says it all:
> "Yahoo breaks every mailing list in the world including the IETF's"

Hi,

thanks for the information. This is bad, especially as it also seems to bounce
other (non yahoo subscriber) from the list. The suggestions from the link:

Suggestions:
* Suspend posting permission of all yahoo.com addresses, to limit damage
* Tell Yahoo users to get a new mail account somewhere else, pronto, if
  they want to continue using mailing lists
* If you know people at Yahoo, ask if perhaps this wasn't such a good idea

does also not sound really good. Not sure if yahoo will fix this, otherwise we
need to upgrade the mailman (as brought up from Daniel in another mail)  or
remove them. Both options are not really good.