[sr-dev] RFC: updating default values

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Wed Apr 16 15:18:04 CEST 2014

On 04/16/2014 06:06 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> - default private memory is 4MB - if the config is not that small, it
> might not be sufficient free pkg to play with (e.g., for sql_query()
> result, storage of $var(...) values). Should it be increased to 8MB or
> other value? Debian/Centos have startup script that sets its value to 8
> via command line

This is an excellent idea, or even higher. RAM is very cheap nowadays,
and this way maybe we don't have to worry for another 10 years. ;)

> - default shared memory is 32MB - for a decent deployment with tm,
> location, lcr/dispatcher, permissions, and anti-flood, it might leave
> not much free space. Should we double it or set to a different value

Perhaps we can go to 128MB and make an "embedded" flag that uses the old
defaults for machines that need to have less memory allocation.

Fred Posner
The Palner Group, Inc.
503-914-0999 (direct)
954-472-2896 (fax)