[sr-dev] rtpengine ice candidate type

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Apr 7 17:15:35 CEST 2014

Richard Fuchs writes:

> Yes I understand, but there's still a few different options to consider
> in this case.
>
> Should it always add itself as relay candidate? Or only if there are
> other ICE candidates already present?

in my opinion, always, and there should be option to replace existing
ones.

> Should it still replace the endpoint info in m= and c= lines? Or only if
> it adds itself as host candidate?

i'm not sure about that because i don't know ice well enough.  if both
parties support ice, do they care what is on those lines or do they only
look at candidate ips/ports?  if they don't care, then i guess it is ok
to replace endpoint info on c and m lines.  perhaps someone who knows
ice well can comment.

--  juha