[sr-dev] [SR-Users] new module: gzcompress

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 19:20:37 CEST 2013

Short notes to let everyone know about some updates to the module - I
just pushed few patches that enables compression/decompression for http
traffic as well, so it can be used for xcap.

Also, I changed the default value of Content-Encoding header value from
gzip (which I saw in rfc 3261) to deflate, which is used by FaceTime,
but more important works with Firefox out of the box. Thus I assumed is
the right value and should make the encoding compatible with Facetime
(not that they do peering/federation over sip, but anyhow).

The readme has now a small config as example to get everyone starting
with the module.

Credits to Kristian for his technical article in the first place as well
as the follow up on the business side of the development.