[sr-dev] Registrar lookup function - check for local socket before path

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Sat Sep 14 21:19:19 CEST 2013

Yes, you are right...thank you :)

I guess my reasoning only applies if using shared table, no replication and
therefore always adding path.

Charles
 On 14 Sep 2013 19:32, "Juha Heinanen" <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:

> Charles Chance writes:
>
> > Yes, we could use a separate table for each registrar and replicate
> > registrations to all of them. But we still need to add Path to ensure
> > invites etc go via the server each client used to register (due to client
> > NAT). And if that is local to the lookup, it still makes sense to ignore
> > the path as it is itself.
>
> load_contacts() automatically prioritizes contacts so that one without
> path has higher priority.  so, no changes are needed to current code.
>
> -- juha

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.