[sr-dev] Registrar lookup function - check for local socket before path

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Sat Sep 14 09:29:33 CEST 2013

Hi Juha,

Yes, we could use a separate table for each registrar and replicate
registrations to all of them. But we still need to add Path to ensure
invites etc go via the server each client used to register (due to client
NAT). And if that is local to the lookup, it still makes sense to ignore
the path as it is itself.

I must admit, it would be better to compare the path IP:Port to the local
ones, instead of the socket.

Cheers,

Charles
 On 14 Sep 2013 05:13, "Juha Heinanen" <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:

> Charles Chance writes:
>
> > We have distributed registrars with no proxies in front, so registrations
> > are handled directly at the edge by any server (we then rely on DNS for
> > load balancing/failover). All share the same DB/table and when a register
> > is received, we add Path header manually, before saving.
>
> question: why don't you make the system more reliable by each registrar
> having its own db table?
>
> -- juha

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.