[sr-dev] Registrar lookup function - check for local socket before path

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Fri Sep 13 22:25:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

We currently use a slightly modified version of the registrar module which
works well in our own setup, but I wondered whether it made sense to make
available for everyone.

We have distributed registrars with no proxies in front, so registrations
are handled directly at the edge by any server (we then rely on DNS for
load balancing/failover). All share the same DB/table and when a register
is received, we add Path header manually, before saving.

Each server can handle an invite to any subscriber - it simply performs
lookup and then relays the request (Path determines through which server to
relay). Our custom version of lookup function checks to see whether the
received socket in the location record is one of its own and if it is,
ignores the Path and continues as if it were not present - i.e. checks for
Received, forces outgoing socket etc. The invite is then sent out directly
to the subscriber instead of looping to itself first.

Could this be useful to others? Of course, it would be enabled by a
parameter which would be set to disabled by default.

Regards,

Charles

--
www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.