[sr-dev] DMQ security

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Tue Oct 29 11:17:55 CET 2013

Devs,

I'm looking for some advice/opinions.

Regarding security of the dmq messages between kamailios - currently it can
be achieved by using a separate port (and/or ip) for dmq use and locking
this down at firewall level. Of course, tls can be used to protect the
content of the messages over the wire.

So is this enough? Or should I look to implement some kind of
authentication mechanism as well? Perhaps something as simple as a
pre-shared key would suffice, assuming the messages are encrypted of
course. Full digest authentication is way too heavy in my opinion.

Any ideas? Or just leave it up to the user to secure it in network layer?

Cheers,

Charles

--
www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.