[sr-dev] Building app_java on CentOS systems

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net
Mon Oct 21 13:41:30 CEST 2013

Hello,

CentOS 6 seems to contain everything needed to build app_java except
libgcj-4.7.  It does contain libgcj-4.4 and by changing the Makefile I have
been able to get app_java to compile cleanly.

Specifically:

   - I changed JAVA_HOME to point to /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj
   - I change the pkg-config calls to look for libgcj-4.4 instead of
   libgcj-4.7
   - I added the full path (not the same as JAVA_HOME) to libjvm.so
   (/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre/lib/x86_64/server) to LIBS

Are there any Makefile gurus out there who can help update this Makefile so
that app_java can be built for CentOS and not break it for other systems
(with different libgcj versions, paths to libraries, etc)?

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Dunkley