[sr-dev] What version of memcached/libmemcached is needed for the memcached module in master?

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Mon Oct 21 11:03:46 CEST 2013

Hi Peter,

The signatures of the custom memory allocator callbacks changed slightly in
version 0.38 of libmemcached, so I believe this is the minimum required.
Unfortunately it seems the version included in the EL6 base is still 0.31 :/

I can quickly add this info to the docs - is there still time to include in
4.1 release?

Best,
Charles

On 20 October 2013 22:57, Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The memcached module cannot be built for "stock" Enterprise Linux 6
> because the versions of libmemcached/memcached that come with EL6 are the
> wrong ones.
>
> Does anyone know what the right versions are, and is it worth updating the
> module documentation to specify them?  That way if someone using RedHat or
> CentOS wants to use the memcached module at least they know what version to
> download and build.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Dunkley
> Technical Director
> Crocodile RCS Ltd

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.