[sr-dev] Removing carrierroute dependency on libconfuse

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Mon Oct 21 04:14:50 CEST 2013

I had a discussion with Henning about this a while ago and he insisted
on keeping the libconfuse (more exactly the libconfuse style text
config), don't remember exactly the details.
I even raised this issue on the openser tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/p/openser/feature-requests/145/

It would be nice to bring this module into the standard package.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Peter Dunkley
<peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net> wrote:
> Is this something that could be done for 4.1.0?  Would it count as a new
> feature, or simply a "fix" to make the module available on a wider range of
> platforms?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter
>

> On 20 October 2013 23:31, Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why bother writing a parser for the file when there is db_text?
>> This will make the module simpler and easier to maintain.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ovidiu Sas
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Marius Zbihlei <mariuszbi at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > This has been in the back of my head from some time now. Libconfuse is a
>> > small project not distributed with major distros and unmaintained for
>> > 3.5
>> > years now. As it is only used for reading of a simple cfg file, I want
>> > write a simple parser that does the job(I do not want external deps ...
>> > see
>> > below why)
>> >
>> > Benefits: we can now pack carrierroute with the common used modules (as
>> > it
>> > will not have any external dependencies) and also will remove a lot of
>> > problems seen on the list regarding linkage of libconfuse.
>> >
>> > Any thoughts?
>> >
>> > Marius

>> --
>> VoIP Embedded, Inc.