[sr-dev] Patch: Fix SRV lookups when dns failover is enabled

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 19:09:31 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 10/16/13 2:54 PM, Øyvind Kolbu wrote:
> On 16.10.2013 14:45, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> hope to get to it later today/tomorrow. Being busy after the return from
>> Astricon.
looking at the first patch, I see that PROTO_NONE was removed from those
switch statements on proto variables. I guess it was the reason of the
issue, as you pointed it out, that a non-existing udp srv records
results in failure. Isn't it?

To be sure I got properly the new logic, if proto var is PROTO_NONE,
then create_srv_pref_list(..) will build a list of protocols to try
based on config preferences. The it will be a dns lookup of the values
in the list. Right?

Thanks,

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28; Miami, Nov 18-20, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -