[sr-dev] mohqueue docs and suggestions

Robert Boisvert rdboisvert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 17:19:53 CEST 2013

All,

These are good comments and very helpful.  In response, …

The naming decision came up early in the design process and I concluded
that queue is too generic.  I thought of “callqueue” but decided against it
since there are many ways to put calls into queues and I didn’t want to
conflict with future modules which might have their own “call queues”.  I
used “mohqueue” because it is concise and hopefully makes the function more
apparent.  I could call it “MOHqueue” if that makes the “MOH” part stand
out more.

Using the payload number was not my choice but is the way Sippy RTPproxy
works.  Like others, (
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2011-July/069391.html) I
found this out by going directly into the source code.  If I am wrong in
this conclusion, please help me get it right.

Being able to choose a specific call out of queue is very flexible, but
under what circumstances would this feature be useful?

xavp is a useful extension and something to consider for the future.  I was
in a hurry to meet deadlines so I chose what worked best in the current
environment.

I will adjust the comment about request routes.  I appreciate the help with
documentation since it is just as important as the code.

Thanks,
Bob