[sr-dev] git:master: modules/auth_ephemeral: Added MI commands for shared secret management

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net
Wed Oct 2 10:53:29 CEST 2013

Hello,

The systems I have currently use MI commands to control my Kamailio
instances.  As such, it is more convenient for me to add MI commands to
modules I write when I need to control them rather than have some use RPC
commands and some MI.  I am sure RPC is great, but MI commands work for me.
 I am bound to get around to switching to RPC one day - once all my other
jobs are done ;-)

In the meantime, I have no problem with other people adding RPC equivalents
to the modules (both websocket and auth_ephemeral have MI commands) if they
need them.

Regards,

Peter

On 2 October 2013 08:28, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 2 okt 2013 kl. 09:25 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>  Hello,
>
> for clarification, mi framework was switched to use system malloc for
> several releases now, then internal memory manager can avoid fragmentation
> with mem_join parameter. So this is not a reason for not doing mi. However,
> it would be good if at a point we can get to a single control interface,
> rpc has more transports and is more standard approach.
>

> Maybe someone (hint, that's you!) will have to start a wiki page where we
> list modules and missing RPC commands. I did some work before 4.0 release
> to add RPC commands, but there are missing pieces around.
>
> /O
>

> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 10/2/13 3:12 AM, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
>
> Hello Peter,
>
>  I noticed that you added some new MI commands.  Because the MI interface
> is causing memory fragmentation, the use or rpc commands is preffered over
> MI and the use of MI interface is to be deprecated in the near future (once
> all MI commands are ported to rpc).
> It would be nice to have them implemented over rpc too.
>
>  Regards,
> Ovidiu Sas
>
> On Tuesday, October 1, 2013, Peter Dunkley wrote:
>
>> Module: sip-router
>> Branch: master
>> Commit: fd9fcd75c222b73a2b70793e5d79c7494f757a1e
>>
>> Author: Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net>
>> Committer: Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net>
>> Date:   Wed Oct  2 01:30:37 2013 +0100
>>
>> modules/auth_ephemeral: Added MI commands for shared secret management
>>
>> - Can add, remove, and display shared secrets with MI commands
>> - This means you can add/revoke secrets without a restart
>>
>> ---
>>
>>  modules/auth_ephemeral/README                      |   74 ++++++
>>  modules/auth_ephemeral/autheph_mod.c               |  257
>> +++++++++++++++++++-
>>  modules/auth_ephemeral/autheph_mod.h               |    6 +
>>  modules/auth_ephemeral/authorize.c                 |   11 +-
>>  .../auth_ephemeral/doc/auth_ephemeral_admin.xml    |   68 +++++
>>
>> Diff:
>> http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi/sip-router/?a=commitdiff;h=fd9fcd75c222b73a2b70793e5d79c7494f757a1e

> --
> VoIP Embedded, Inc.
> http://www.voipembedded.com

> --
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla - http://www.asipto.comhttp://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
> Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28; Miami, Nov 18-20, 2013
>   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director
Crocodile RCS Ltd