[sr-dev] Patch: Respect Order field in NAPTR, as required by RFC 2915

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 23:38:56 CET 2013

Hi Øyvind,

thanks for update -- I didn't find the time to follow up the discussion
as well.

I tried to apply the patch, but apparently it is not for master branch.
Some chunk fails to apply. Can you update it for master branch?

On 11/11/13 2:48 PM, Øyvind Kolbu wrote:
> On 2013-10-29 at 09:34, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> On 10/18/13 3:14 PM, Øyvind Kolbu wrote:
>>> Made a core option, dns_naptr_ignore_rfc, default off, to preserve today's
>>> behavior.
>> did I get it wrong or the dns_naptr_ignore_rfc has to be 1 (on) to
>> preserve current behaviour? You said 'off' (expect 0) which collides
>> with the 'ignore' in the name of the parameter.
> Hi and sorry for the late reply. Been offline on vacation.
>
> Yes, the value has to be 1 to actually ignore the rfc. The code
> was correct, but the default value not. Fixed in the attached patch.
>
>>> One implementation detail is that one currently can disable a protocol
>>> by setting the priority to -1. In my patch that is currently ignored.
>>> Can add a check for that in init_naptr_proto_prefs() before setting
>>> a protocol's preference to 1.
>> Can you add the check for ignoring a protocol? Sometime it might be
>> needed. Resend the patch and I will push it to repo.
> Fixed in the new patch.

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -