[sr-dev] mtree module issues

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 19:51:06 CET 2013

On 11/2/13 8:42 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> mtree module still has a few issues:
>
> - parameters mt_allow_duplicates/mt_ignore_duplicates seem to have global
>    meaning affecting all mtrees.
Yes, module parameters are per module feature control.

> - if db_table module param is used instead of mtree module params, all
>    trees in the table must have either int or string values
Again, these are module level values.

> my suggestion is that in the future db_table module param is removed and
> all relevant other module parameters is moved to parameters of mtree
> module parameter.
This will not allow to have trees with dynamic name. Although I am using
mainly config mtree-based definitions, the mechanism with db_table I
needed when I had to do prefix routing per user. So as soon as a
subscriber was added, a new tree was pushed in mtrees table and reloaded.

For the next major release development (4.2), we can analyze and some of
these module parameters can be stored in mtrees db table. But it is
question to add it for each record or add a new table to define trees...
there are good and parts with each approach.

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -