[sr-dev] Modules linking with OpenSSL

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Tue May 28 01:48:42 CEST 2013

I created another module that links with OpenSSL.

The current list of (non-obsolete) modules that link with OpenSSL is:
- websocket
- auth_ephemeral
- tls
- stun
- outbound
- osp
- auth_identity

FYI, for the modules I've created the usage of OpenSSL is:
- websocket: SHA1() is used to create the key in the WebSocket handshake
response.
- auth_ephemeral: HMAC(EVP_sha1(), ...) is used to calculate the password
based on the username and secret key and openssl/sha.h is included for
"#define SHA_DIGEST_LENGTH"
- outbound: HMAC(EVP_sha1(), ...) is used to encode the flow token and
RAND_bytes() is used to get cryptographically strong pseudo-random bytes
for the secret key

- stun: not sure about this as a lot of the code was copied from core
--
Peter Dunkley
Technical Director