[sr-dev] RTC track at DebConf13, Switzerland, August

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon May 13 22:45:50 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I've proposed an RTC track (maybe half-day event) for DebConf13 in August

All the practical details are here, (talk proposals welcome!):

   http://debconf13.debconf.org/

and it is a good idea for people to register ASAP, even if not attending
for the whole week.  The exact day for the RTC track should be confirmed
later.  If just interested in RTC, please do let me know by email after
you register.

DebConf13 is probably where some of the groundwork will be done for
Debian 8's RTC strategy.  Debian 7 was just released and there will be
about 12-18 months development before the next freeze begins.  In that
time, it is really crucial for Debian to take a leadership position in
making RTC interoperable in a way that involves no more effort than the
scary alternatives.

And it will be Debian's 20th birthday... that doesn't happen often in a
free software project.

Please feel free to email me privately or ask general questions on
debconf-discuss or #debconf IRC

Regards,