[sr-dev] executing tm:branch-failure event_route also when t_relay() fails?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:51:25 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 5/13/13 4:45 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> if t_relay() fails, for example, when tcp connection to destination is
> dead, no transaction is created and therefore tm:branch-failure
> event_route thus is not executed.  this greatly complicates config
> script writing, for example, when trying to unregister unresponsive
> contacts.
>
> is there any possibility to enhance the current t_relay implementation
> so that even if transaction is not created, tm:branch-failure would
> still be executed for each branch of the failing t_relay?
just thinking of it -- if you do t_newtran() before t_relay(), isn't it
getting to failure route?

Perhaps it can be done (eventually with a modparam) for the case when
the transaction structure can be created, but not when that fails (e.g.,
out of shared memory). These callbacks require transaction structure, if
that is not available I expect it's going to require quite some changes
in many places, not only tm module.

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *