[sr-dev] binary packages and OpenSSL

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:41:20 CEST 2013

Hello Daniel,

On 5/13/13 4:27 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Just some further thoughts on the problems facing binary packages with
> TLS support
>
> I don't know the TLS code in any detail at all, but to what extent could
> it be split into a standalone binary module?

tls code in in tls module and it built at tls.so, loaded via config with
loadmodule. There is no libssl function used in core -- other modules
link to it (like websocket), but not in the core.

Does this help in any way? I understood (during past discussions) that
it is anyhow affecting the distribution due to viral mode of gpl.

TLS module is packaged separately.

 From your next option, we already have: "TLS-related files in a
subdirectory for building a module". And yes, installing kamailio with
tls from packages (we distribute though our repo) means:

apt-get install kamailio kamailio-tls-modules