[sr-dev] Review of the new MIB variables

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Mar 30 18:40:19 CET 2013

Hi!

I am in no way a MIB expert, I'm learning as I move along here. If you know about SNMP Mibs and have some opinions,
please review my changes and give me feedback.

I am building a new structure more adopted to Kamailio, not at all replacing the standard MIBs, but exposing
more data about the Kamailio core process, memory and module variables. I might have gone overboard with sub-levels,
but I am a structure freak... ;-)

Much of this data is currently available in the RPC interface and I've written shell scripts for NET-SNMP before
to expose them, but it's far more efficient to do it natively in the SNMP process.

Additionally, I would like to be able to run SNMPstats as a standalone SNMP agent for cases where there
are multiple Kamailio processes on one server. This is what I currently do with Asterisk, where the SNMP
module can be configured as an Agentx sub-agent or a full agent. If anyone has done this before and
wants to code - I look forward to your help!

/O