[sr-dev] SIP-I ?

Javi Gallart jgallart at systemonenoc.com
Fri Mar 22 14:46:57 CET 2013

Hi list

this may sound like and old ugly topic, but at the end of the day most
of the traffic still starts/terminates in TDM networks. For those not
familiar with it, the IPX (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_exchange)
mandates the usage of SIP-I between operators for transporting the call
information over SIP. Kamailio is the core component of our
infrastructure, and in order to route traffic between these kind of
operators we might need to "understand" somehow SIP-I. So this is more
or less like an open question: do you think it makes sense to write a
kamailio module for decoding/encoding ISUP/MAP traffic, or do you think
it fits better in another type of equipment closer to the "TDM border"
(Yate, Freeswitch,...).

Thanks in advance

Javi